Career Counselor Services
Call or text me at (415) 602-5595 for a complimentary 10-minute consultation.
Why are you looking for a career counselor?
Maybe you’ve lost your job or are afraid you’re going to lose it. You’re unhappy in your work. You know it’s time to move on, but you don’t know how or where. You’re looking for a promotion. You can’t figure out how to make a living from your passions or find passion in your career. Maybe you’re looking for an entirely different career path. Career counseling can help you in all these situations.
As a seasoned career counselor and former Silicon Valley executive, I understand the challenges you’re facing. I’ve been there myself. I’ve been laid off. I’ve been stuck in my career. I’ve been through economic booms and busts. I’ve reinvented myself successfully several times. And through it all, I’ve found the work I love to do: helping individuals find their passions, so they can move up, move on, and break out.
What a Career Counselor Can Do for You
In our work together, I’ll help you:
- Get a job
- Find your ideal career path by exploring your passions, values, and goals
- Identify and target companies that share your values and priorities
- Reinvent yourself
- Develop a high-impact resume that gets through software screening filters and rises to the top of the stack
- Prepare for interviews (with optional video recording and playback)
- Learn how to manage the entire job search process and keep the momentum buildingNegotiate a raise, salary, and benefits
- Leverage social networking tools to broaden your reach
- Learn how to use the interview process to improve your performance and gain critical insights into the company and your potential manager
- Hit the ground running in your new job
- Plan next career steps through annual career check-ups
- Get raises and promotions by optimizing your annual performance review
- Find meaningful work after retirement
What to Expect from a Career Counselor
I have an established career counseling process. Often, you’ll want to go through most steps in the process. But you choose which steps we take together, based on your needs and agenda.
Unlike many career counselors, I’m a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), having undergone rigorous training from the Coaches Training Institute.
Career Counselor Success Story: “Nick Helped Me Land a Great Job”
“Before meeting Nick, I’d been looking for a job for five months. I was extremely discouraged. Nick explained why my approach wasn’t working. He brought out my best assets in my resume and taught me how to draft cover letters. He helped me understand the mistakes I made during the mock interviews and taught me how to overcome them.
“Within a short period of meeting Nick, I received a job offer I was excited about and took it. Nick helped me land a great job and equipped me with skills for job hunting I will have for the rest of my life.” — Neeraj Singh, public relations manager, S.F. Bay Area
Nick Parham works with business professionals across the U.S. and internationally, including managers, directors, vice presidents and senior executives. He has offices in San Francisco and Silicon Valley and offers in-person, telephone, Skype, and Google Hangout counseling sessions.
Please send a brief, confidential email describing your situation and the services you believe you need to npcoachATgmail.com (insert @ instead of AT). Services may include career direction counseling, resume writing, cover letters, LinkedIn optimization and interview training. Nick has helped many professionals in the middle of their careers reinvent themselves or find a career path based on their interests and passions.